We are pizza snobs and here is the reason why.
The Bread Baker’s Apprentice! This book is awesome. I love it. It has the best pizza dough recipe and I am going to share it with all of you so you can enjoy it too. But I will warn you, you will be a pizza snob too. I will also warn you that you need to start it the day before you intend on eating it.
4 1/2 cups unbleached flour
1 3/4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon instant yeast
1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
1 3/4 water, ice cold
1.Stir together the flour, salt and instant yeast. Stir in oil and cold water until the flour is all absorbed. mix the dough for 5-7 minutes or until it is smooth, sticky and springy.
2. Prepare a sheet pan by lining it with baking parchment and misting the parchment with spray oil. Sprinkle the counter with flour and transfer the dough to the counter, cut it into 6 equal pieces. (I would recommend a chop and scoop for this.) Sprinkle flour over the dough and flour your hands. Gently round each piece into a ball. Place the balls to on the sheet pan, mist them with spray oil and cover with plastic. (We tuck the plastic around and under each ball, that way the edges don’t dry out.)
3. Put the pan into the refrigerator overnight to rest the dough, or keep for up to 3 days.
4. On the day you plan to make plan to make the pizza, remove dough from the refrigerator 2 hours before making the pizza. Dust the counter with flour, then mist with spray oil. Plays the dough balls on the floured counter and sprinkle them with flour. Gently press the dough into flat disks about 1/2 inch thick and 5 inches in diameter. Sprinkle the dough with flour, mist it again and spray oil, and cover the dough loosely with plastic wrap. Let rest for 2 hours.
5. Preheat the oven as hot as possible. Generously dust the back of a sheet pan with cornmeal. Make the pizzas one at a time. This is the part where you toss it up in the air and be all fancy, but as awesome as we are that is really hard so we just stretch and pull until its how you want it.
6. Top the pizza.
7. Put it in the oven, wait about 2 minutes rotate and bake about 2 minutes more. Basically when it looks done pull it out.
8. Wait a few minutes for it to cool and enjoy the pizza from heaven.